Garlic Parmesan Flax Crackers


Good morning my healthy friends.  Glad you could pop in to see me.  I have a quick and easy recipe for you to try but for the life of me I can't remember where it found it...when I do, I'll let you know.

Ingredients:

1 cup flax seed meal (ground)     1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated     1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder     1/2 tsp. sea salt (I use Celtic)     1/2 cup water

Preparations:

1.  Heat oven to 400F
2.  Mix all ingredients together
3.  Spoon ball onto unbleached parchment paper
4.  Cover with another piece of paper.  Even out mixture to about 1/8 inch and no wider than your baking sheet, I find a rolling pin works well on my kitchen table.  Don't get too thin at the edges or they will over cook before the centre firms up.  When you have achieved your desired thickness transfer to your baking sheet and remove top piece of paper.  
5.  At this point I like to run my knife through the rolled out dough in squares, it makes it easier to break up into crackers after they are baked.
6.  Bake until centre is no longer soft about 15-18 minutes.  If it starts to get more than a little brown around the edges, remove from oven.  Let cool completely - it will continue to crisp up.
7.  Break into crackers.

The whole recipe is 6 grams of effective carbohydrate plus 35 grams of fibre.

No comments:

Post a Comment