Oh My Oatmeal Crisp Cookies


These have got to be one of my favourite feel good cookies.  Probably not the healthiest with the butter and sugar but makes up for it with the oatmeal, coconut, whole wheat flour...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Preheat oven to 325oF.

Ingredients:  1 cup of butter,     1 cup of white sugar,     1 cup of brown sugar,     cream these 3 ingredients together and add 1 egg and blend.  Set aside.

In another bowl mix:  1 cup of whole wheat flour,     2 1/2 cups of oats,     1 tsp. baking powder,     1 tsp. baking soda,     1/4 tsp. salt,     3/4 cup of coconut,     dash of vanilla

Mix dry with wet ingredients.  Roll into large 1 inch balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.  Makes about 4 dozen (I never get to count them, they seem to disappear quickly).

They come out crisp and yummy just right for sharing with a friend over tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment