Easy Refrigerator Pickles


Our garden is just starting to come in . . . we wait so long to have fresh produce, all the things we love.  Tomato, onion, yellow and green beans and of course cucumber.  My challenge is all of a sudden BAM!!!!  we have an over abundance of cucumbers.  What to do?  What to make????


Let me introduce you to my new best friend . . . I don't know why I didn't have one sooner . . . I don't know how I survived.  I sliced up my cucumber, onion and peppers in minutes.


It was so easy and fast.  I added a little celery seed . . . I love celery seed.


Ingredients: 1 cup distilled white vinegar,     1 Tbsp. salt,     2 cups of white sugar or (1/2 cup agave or a little less plus 1 Tsp. Stevia),     6 cups sliced cucumber,     1 cup sliced onion,     1 cup sliced green or red bell pepper,     sprinkle of celery seed

Preparations:

1.  In a medium sauce pan over medium heat bring vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil.
2.  Boil until sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes.
3.  Place cucumbers, onions and peppers in a large bowl.  Sprinkle with celery seed.
4.  Pour the vinegar mixture over the veggies.  Transfer to sterile containers and store in fridge.

Yeild:  8 cups or 64 ounces

Prep time:  20 minutes,     Cook time:  10 minutes,     Ready in:  30 minutes

I don't know how long they will last in the refrigerator but I know they won't be there that long in mine to find out.

2 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic!!! I will have to try this out when my cucumbers are getting big enough to pull :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This recipe was so easy to make...I like easy.

      Delete