Joan's Awesome Healthy Banana Muffins


From my Mom to my other Mom, Joan...my mother-in-law.  I loved this banana muffin recipe the first time I tasted it.  I've made a few tweaks to make it a little healthier but it has the same great taste.

Ingredients

1/2 cup shortening,      3/4 cup cane sugar,     1 tsp. vanilla,     1 egg,     1/2 tsp. nutmeg,     I cup mashed bananas or 1 1/2 large ones,     pinch of salt,      1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour,      1 tsp. soda dissolved in a little hot water,       1/2 cup to 1 cup of cranberries or raisins

Preheat your oven to 350F.

Spray or oil muffin tin.  Mix flour, salt and nutmeg in a bowl, set aside.  In another bowl mix shortening, sugar, vanilla, egg and bananas.  Combine wet and dry then add soda.  Divide evenly into the muffin tin.  Bake for 30 minutes

You can substitute in half quinoa flour/ half whole wheat for a little protein.

Fabulous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment