Chili


To me this is less chili and more of a vegetable tomato stew.  I like lots of veggies and meat.  Serve with a nice garlic bread . . . and it is complete.

Ingredients

2 pounds of hamburg,     sausage (if you have it),     1 can of spaghetti sauce,     2 cans of diced tomatoes,     1 can of mixed beans,     1 can of corn,     1 medium onion,     3 stalks of celery,     mushrooms,     peppers,     chili powder,     red pepper flakes,     basil,     garlic,     olive oil.

I like to use my crock pot to slow cook my chili.  Combine spaghetti sauce, olive oil, tomatoes, beans and corn in slow cooker, turn on low.  In a fry pan brown hamburg, add to slow cooker.

Chop onion, celery, mushrooms, peppers and what ever other veggies you might like to include and add to pot.  Add spices to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment